Nutrition is one of our favorite topics, so we are excited to end our Sustainability Challenge with a bang! Before we get into what we offer our customers to stay healthy and challenge you to choose healthy, let’s start with the promotions for today.
- Buy a Turkey Burger in Spikes today and receive a free reusable cup!
- Iggy’s Gluten Free Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza just $6 when picked up
- LoCro soups Gluten Free Chicken Noodle and Vegetarian Garden Rotini
- Sign up for MyFitnessPal where most Sodexo COG Recipes are available as well as all of our Simply To Go items…just scan the bar code!
- The COG will be serving a variety of well balanced items like whole wheat pizza, turkey burgers, Vegan Tropical Stir Fry and the Omelet Bar.
We care a lot about the health of our guests and making every day a better day. That is why we go out of our way to make sure that our customers always have healthy options, dietary restriction friendly food to make dining in our restaurants easy. We hope we educate our guests enough to choose the healthy options. Here are just some of the things we do to promote healthy eating:
- We have a registered dietitian on our staff.
- The COG always has two stations Gluten Free and a separate Fridge filled with Gluten Free breads, wraps, muffins, etc. We also have a special Gluten Free Toaster Oven.
- The COG always has fresh non fat local Darigold Milk and lowfat Chocolate Milk.
- The COG always has Silk vanilla & chocolate Milk (Now in bulk!), Almond Milk and Coconut Milk.
- The COG always has a dedicated station for Vegan and Vegetarian entrees.
- The COG nutrition facts are always posted at each item and online at zagdining.com as well as on MyFitnessPal.
- We offer tossed to order salads at every meal, egg whites and fresh veggies at the omelet station, turkey burgers, Vegan Cous Cous burgers, Raw Crudite Bar, Brown Rice at every meal, whole wheat pizza, and many other specials that are well balanced.
- Our Certified Executive Chef is always willing to meet with any student who has dietary allergies or restrictions and would like to learn how to navigate the COG or come up with a special menu.
- Our Simply to Go program has all the nutrition facts on the box as well as in MyFitnessPal….just scan the bar code.
- We use Shepherd’s Grain in our baked goods across campus.
- All of our Coffee shops have Soy, Almond and Rice milk available.
- Iggy’s is the only Gluten Free pizza in the area available for delivery.
- LoCro carries a variety of Gluten Free, Organic, Lactose Free and local items as well as always one Gluten Free Soup and one Vegetarian.
- All of our COG soups are Gluten Free made with Corn Starch and GF noodles.
- All of our Salad Dressings are home made, gluten free and low fat.
Here are some things you can do:
- Look for reduced fat selections
- Choose a beverage with no added sugar (how about our infused waters in the COG!)
- Choose fresh veggies from our raw bar or salad bar
- Have fruit for dessert
- Look for the well balanced icon
- Eat whole grains
- Find time to exercise
- Walk or ride your bike to school
- Choose to go meatless one day a week
- Look for these Logos to identify Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Local, Organic and Healthy:
Today is the last day of the challenge be sure to turn your Challenge Sheets into the COG Cashiers so that you can win itunes and amazon.com gift cards and other prizes!