Day 4 of the Sustainability Challenge focuses on Community and what we can do to help support not just our local communities, but sourcing from ethical businesses and communities across the world.
Here are a few promotions we are running today to highlight community:
- Fair Trade or Ethically Sourced Drip coffee is just .99¢ today. All of our coffee in Jazzmans is Fair Trade Certified and all of our Craven’s Coffee is ethically sourced if not Fair Trade Certified. Also, all of our Aspretto Coffee in the COG is also Fair Trade Certified and Numi Tea!
- Tilfords, Barneys and Crosby will be serving Zambia Gold Honey Ginger Snaps.
- The COG will be hosting a table to have volunteers sign up for different activities to help give back to the community.
Here are a few things we do to support Community:
- We serve Local and/or Fair Trade Ethically sourced coffee in ALL of our locations.
- We donate all leftover food to Campus Kitchen.
- We offer a Go Green Meal plan and donate $50 of each meal plan back to Gonzaga’s Sustainability Community.
- We have raised almost $20,000 in the last year for 2nd Harvest.
- We volunteer regularly at 2nd Harvest.
- We were named Employer of the Year by the Arc of Spokane in 2012.
- We were nominated for Employer of the Year by Hire Ability Day in 2011 and 2012.
- We serve on non profit committees in the Spokane community.
- We have Cage Free Eggs available.
Here’s what YOU can do:
- Look for certifications when making purchases like Rainforest Alliance, Fair Trade Certified, Food Alliance Certified, Marine Stewardship Council, Global Aquaculture Alliance and Certified Humane.
- Sign up to volunteer.
- Assist in a local humanitarian crisis.
- Donate money to a local cause.
Only two more days to participate to win itunes, amazon.com gift cards and many other prizes! Pick up your slip today or print it out from our blog!